Monday, April 20, 2009

Darkness to Light

A: How long was I in the darkness?
B: I dunno.
A: What'd you mean you dunno? You were with me all this while.
B: Exactly.
A: Eh?
B: Yes.
A: Why was I in the darkness?
B: You liked it.
A: No I din't.
B: Yes you did. You knew it wasn't the best place to be. Yet you stayed. 
A: I stayed because I had hope.
B: Stop going Hollywood on me. You stayed because you were blind.
A: No I wasn't. I had the candle.
B: Yes I always meant to ask you how you managed to get it to last for so long.
A: I told you. Hope.
B: You really are retarded. You know this do you not?
A: I was...well...Yes.
B: So what now? You're still not officially out of it.
A: Ermm..
B: And people are talking you know. Not very nice things too. Something along the lines of not being along the lines.
A: You know thats not true.
B: I do. But I'm a doubter. I always have been. And I'm sticking to form.
A: I want to come out. I need a...push.
B: I cant give you one.
A: Why the fuck not?
B: Let not the highly sensitized brain of yours forget that I'm not here. Of course High Hopes is running the background. Maybe some inspiration will strike from there.
A: Nooo...It's too nice. Don't bring it into this. 
B: Then what do you want me to do?
A: Chill. I'll handle it.
B: Yeah right. When it comes to this, I have no hope left for you.
A: Meanie.
B: Very droll.
A: I like it here.
B: Thats the point I'm making. Thats the point that everyone is making. You like it, but you aren't doing anything to get out of it to the other side. And you certainly arent doing anything to come back from it. 
A: I am. You know I am. It's just that these things take time.
B: You're a wuss.
A: Very droll.
B: I'm off.
A: Wait. What about me?
B: Your choice. Coming?
A: I...
B: Coming..?
A: ...
B: I'm not going to be around forever you know. Sooner or later I'll be gone. And the day I come back is the day you'll be dragged out to a place you definately do not want to be. And then what? Stay there for all I care.
A: I have Floyd...
B: ..with your highly sensitized brain.
A: Yes..
B: Ok I really do have to go now.
A: Leave the door open will you.

Exeunts leaving the door open.

2 comments:

Nor said...

Sigh. I need a B. Not well... yours. Maybe like a cousin or somethin. But I need a B.

Kshitij said...

You can have mine. Mine seem's to have ditched me in any case.

No cousins. No appreciation for High Hopes from cousins. Take your pick amongst friends, special someone, special someones and the dogs outside hostel.